Introduction to the Māori Language and Protocols Training
Our popular one day course for senior executives and staff is an introduction on how to enhance business relationships with Iwi. The training is interactive and gives staff enough confidence to use Te Reo as part of their dialogue with work colleagues and clients. The course can also be customised to the needs of individual businesses, for example including more focus on Māori and their relationship with the natural environment. Topics include:
- Formalities around hosting visitors, blessing of food and waiata (song)
- Learning how to pronounce place names and words correctly
- Introducing yourself in Te Reo (your paku mihi)
- Learning about Māori greetings and phrases
- Gaining knowledge about Māori values
- Tangata whenua tribes
- Treaty settlements in a commercial context
- Iwi organisations and incorporations, issues and value.
Courses are best held in the workplace and participants will receive a resources booklet and certificate of participation. Contact us today to discuss your needs.